15 December 2011

Entry Twenty-Five

Okay, so I never wanted to be one of those people that had a blog and never updated it, but can you really blame me?  There's more to learn about the human body than I really thought possible and that takes a lot of time... what's really crazy is to think that we're really only scratching the surface, even by the time we graduate here in 3 1/2 years.

Anyhow, the belated birthday story....

So I turned 23 in November and of course, having been friends with the other 1st year med students for 3 months at that point, they figured out that I turn bright red really easily when I get embarrassed.  The goal, therefore, became how to embarrass me as much as possible on my special day.  The end result of all the scheming was me walking into school on that fateful Thursday morning to this:







Jeff's "I'm so proud of myself" face
Needless to say they succeed in their goal... or more precisely one Mr. Jeff Thurman succeeded in his.  But he owed me one because at one point I got him to believe that I not only knew how to ride a unicycle, but owned one that he could come over and try out :-)  My roommate made the rest of the day fantastic by having balloons and streams everywhere in the house when I woke up, deserts at school, and a get together complete with Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (raspberry lemon, YUM!) later that evening.

All in all, a fantastic day.  And for the record, yes I did study some too like any good med student.  I learned all the innervation to the forearm, which came in handy on today's anatomy final.

No comments:

Post a Comment