16 May 2012

Entry Thirty-four

Here's the thing about blogging: if you don't keep up, there's no catching up.  I don't like it 'cause I know how much I've had to say the past three months, but the opportunity to say it all as passed.  Anyhow, these are the important highlights:

We started Block 2 and got Spring Break in the middle of it.
I went to Tahoe with a couple of friends for a week of skiing and watched my Toppers make Hilltopper Nation proud in the NCAA tourney.
Got back from Tahoe and finished Block 2 with a much longer block test than 1.
Shadowed some in Labor and Delivery and the ER and got to remind myself why I'm in medical school.
Started the home stretch of Block 3 while my parents worked on relocating to Memphis (dad took a job at St. Jude's Children's Hospital).
Finished Block 3 with a bang and now am all but officially a second year medical student!

It feels good to be one year down.  There's always some mixed feelings when time flies by so quickly though, mostly because I feel like there is so much more I still wanted to do before it was over.  However, we had a blast and I couldn't have asked for better classmates and friends to go through it with.  Here are just some of them at our post-year-one grill out:


Now that we're done, there is so much I want to do with this summer it's ridiculous.  Some of it will get done, some of it won't.  But I'm hoping that God has more important things in mind than my vain plans and that by the end of it, I'll be ready to dive head first into year two.

No comments:

Post a Comment