We take our first block exam tomorrow. That's one big test covering 3 subjects and 4 weeks of material from each class and it's how we're going to be tested from now on. In big, big chunks. The trick is remembering that life is still going on elsewhere and there are more important things in life even when I test is looming over your head. Having an Ash Wednesday service yesterday morning and prayer time with some wonderful friends Tues night helped. But no matter what I do I have a huge test tomorrow and I'm just gonna be anxious about it. That's how it is.
But what do I do with anxiety? Thankfulness. God says to be thankful. Do not be anxious. Be thankful. I'm uncomfortable, nervous, sweating, afraid... but God says be thankful.
It has been a theme of learning in my life that things I tend to think are feelings are actually choices. Thankfulness I don't think is any different. So I'm going to be thankful.
Holy Father, I am thankful for your salvation. This week you have been gently reminding me that I am mortal, like dust, and soon enough I will be returning to dust. But with this knowledge comes the truth that you have saved me from the death that will take me. I will still die, but death has lost its sting and its victory. I am so thankful for the lessons that you teach me and the truth that you pour into my life. I am so thankful for you being God, good and true and faithful. I am thankful not only for the promises that you make me, but more so for the fact that your character allows me to believe the promises that you make. I am thankful, Lord, for the people you have put in my life and for the opportunities that you've given me. I am thankful this morning for my coffee, for your Word, for good music, for warmer weather, and for the breath you put in my lungs. You are so good to me and I will rejoice because you are my Light and Salvation and no matter how I feel, you remain true. Your salvation remains true. Thank you, Father.
Philippians 4
No comments:
Post a Comment