Still trying to find a church home in Louisville, I visited Sojourn for the 2nd time with my roomie, Jenna (awesome girl, by the way, I don't know if I've mentioned her but she is a complete God-send of a roommate). The sermon was on the John 10 passage about the Good Shepherd (I can NEVER spell that word right the first time). And the speaker told me some things about sheep that I'd never heard before (and haven't had time to research and verify), but I thought were very funny...
Sheep will wander off from their flock, and without a leader to follow anymore, will continue walking... and walking...
Sheep have been known to eat themselves to death; see good grass, grab, chew, swallow, and repeat.
Sheep freeze or run like crazy if they become startled. If they happen to roll themselves over on their backs by accident and see only sky, they might start air running until they exhaust themselves.
Although it was not the main point of the sermon, I of course couldn't help but think how much sense it makes for the Scriptures to compare us to sheep. We are just so stupid sometimes. I am just so stupid sometimes.
On a different note, my first set of real exams are this Friday and following Monday. Microanatomy and macroanatomy. It still hits me at random times that I'm actually training to be a doctor right now. I cannot believe that in less than 4 years now, I will be trained up to treat patients. Four years used to seem like such a long time. Not so much anymore. But I refuse to say (as so many of my friends already do) "I must be getting old." Just a pet peeve of mine I suppose, but I hate it when I hear 25, 26, 27 year old's say that. There is so much more life ahead of us and I am so excited about all that God is going to continue doing and working out in all of our lives. I'd prefer to just get excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment