28 September 2011

Entry Twenty

"Of this I am convinced, You my God are greater still." (The Greatness of Our God - Hillsong)

I want to be convinced of that.  If I let myself sit a contemplate the glorious things he is and has done its not hard.  But I need those moments to sit and contemplate.

And how unspeakably incredible is it that we have a God that is greater still?  Greater than what I think of when the word "God" comes up.  Greater than I've ever thought possible.  Greater than my heart and my sin.  Greater still than anything we know.

He has saved me from myself and from the pit of this world.  Like one pastor put it recently (did I mention this in a previous post?) he swam to the bottom of the ocean to pull out this dying, decaying corpse and breathe new life into it.  He sacrificed his Son he cared about us so much.  He is infinitely holy and higher than all the great men that have ever walked the earth.  He's healed, saved, fixed, judged, disciplined, chosen, rebuked, instructed, raised up, conquered, and loved.

And he is greater still.

2 comments:

  1. One of my closest friends and I have been emailing about this back and forth. It's humbling and wonderful and scary when you really realize that you are not in control. Thanks for the reminder of how awesome our God is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my closest friends and I have been emailing about this back and forth. It's humbling and wonderful and scary when you really realize that you are not in control. Thanks for the reminder of how awesome our God is. :)

    ReplyDelete