First week of medical school... I can't believe it's not over yet. It began with a bit of excitement as we lost electricity over the weekend, most likely due to the three large trees that fell over in our street. Amazing what 15 min of 60 mph winds can do really.
As of right now, we've been overloaded with lots of information about what we will eventually have to do to complete the first year curriculum and my mother's encouragement to not try to "eat the elephant whole" comes to mind.
For those who are curious, yes, we have started our cadaver dissections and yes, it's weird but it's fascinating. I will say that I'm glad this particular class only lasts through the first semester. The body is interesting, but it's brute memorization and I'd much rather be trying to figure concepts out.
As for a devotional thought, I was reading in 1 Corinthians again today and came across the simple, well-known command "let no one seek their own good, but the good of their neighbor." I couldn't help but wondering how often I hear that and how infrequently I actually do it.
Lecture time.
No comments:
Post a Comment