09 August 2011

Entry Three

First day of orientation, check.  Financial aid talk (interest is rough!), check.  Second day of orientation, check.  First intubation lesson, check.  Still gotta touch up paint, find a lawn care company, and get my office organized.  Life as a med student is going to get crazy really fast, but so far its been... well it's too early to say its been anything, but I will say this:  I think I'm going to like being a doctor more than I did wrangling 5th graders into learning something about science :-)

Seriously though, a couple of the med schools clubs arranged for us to be able to mess around with intubation, suturing, and splinting today and I think our "first year-ness" really came out.  Way too excited and way too full of silly questions.  I tried really hard to play it cool, but my mind was definitely full of "this is so awesome!" 's.

Other than that all I have to say for today is that God is awesome, faithful, incredible, worthy of praise and has put two incredible roommates into my life.  He has blessed us with this beautiful home for the next 4 years and I can only believe that he's got plans for his glory and good in it all.  More when something truly exciting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment